Join Our Team Of Global Professionals
This position is for the seasoned database specialist.
Creates and maintains production, test and development database environments
for Banner and data
* Monitors database performance such as distribution of records and amount
of available memory;
modifies database programs to increase processing performance.
* Modifies rule classes or changes control file values to correct production
* Applies upgrades, patches, and bug-fixes in all database instances.
* Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to the database.
* Develops and tests plans for complete disaster recovery life cycle.
* Responsible for underlying database security.
* Provides advice to system administrators in the effective use of database
languages; advises on
troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and data management issues.
* Confers with co-workers and end-users to determine impact of database
changes on other systems.
* Orients end-users and technical staff to new or changed procedures.
* May be asked to provide training to advanced users and other key
* Work independently on routine assignment applicable to the system.
* Attend and participate in seminars or workshops to remain current with
information technology and
* Creates and generates ad hoc or periodic reports using a variety of
database management software
such as Banner report modules, Crystal Reports, etc. Requires creating
reports from databases with
multiple, related tables/views. These reports contain multi-level breaks,
and have imbedded, standard
calculations (such as averages, statistical analysis, and some
mathematical calculations). Approval
queues, budget data base, are some examples. Coding is performed at this
If you're interested in this position please complete our short
What High School Did You Attend?
High School Location: City
Technical School or College
Type of degree or certification
Technical School or College Location City
Do you have internet access?
What position are you interested in and why?
Tell us about your technology experiences
Tell us about your IT skills & training